May 4, 2013
It was party time at Langhorne Creek on the 3rd of May, when a crowd of nearly 300 winemakers, grape growers, media, politicians and industry partners marked the end of a successful vintage and unveiled the winners of the 2013 Langhorne Creek Winemakers Showcase at the 13th anniversary of the Langhorne Creek Winemakers’ Luncheon.
Read wine writer Huon Hooke's article here: http://www.goodfood.com.au/good-food/drink/finding-gold-in-dry-creek-reds-20130511-2je7f.htmlMore Information
March 4, 2013
Congratulations to Michael from Surrey Downs who won a Langhorne Creek Regional Selection Six Pack at the Cellar Door Wine Festival last weekend. He successfully answered all the questions in our quiz.
He now knows the following about the wine brands of Langhorne Creek! Do you?
1. The five wine labels found at The Winehouse are Ben Potts Wines, Gipsie Jack, John's Blend, Heartland & Kimbolton.
2. Bleasdale vineyards was established in 1850.
3. Angas Vineyards supplies grapes to wine for the label Handcrafted by Geoff Hardy.
4. Cleggett Wines' two indigenous grape varieties are the White Cabernet Sauvignon & Bronze Cabernet Sauvignon.
5. The two alternate grape varieties produced by Rusticana Wines are Zinfandel & Durif.
6. Shiraz and Cabernet grape varieties are found in the multi award winning Lake Breeze "Bernoota".
7. Brothers in Arms grapes are sourced from the iconic Metala Vineyards.
8. The 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon Step Rd wine won Champion Wine of the 2012 Langhorne Creek Showcase.
9. Bremerton's two Willson sisters are named Rebecca & Lucy.
February 17, 2013
Discover Langhorne Creek at the Cellar Door Wine Festival
This year there is more to enjoy from the Langhorne Creek wine region with 13 wineries eager to showcase a fantastic range of wines at the Adelaide Cellar Door Wine Festival.