Langhorne Creek Photography Competition
The Langhorne Creek Photography Competition has been inspired by the vineyards, wine, culture, landscapes, and nature of our region.
The competition is a platform for photographers to spend time in our beautiful part of South Australia, showcase their work and share their experiences.
Entrants are encouraged to submit photographs that highlight Langhorne Creek as one of Australia’s most unique wine producing areas.
The Langhorne Creek Photography exhibition is organised by Langhorne Creek Grape and Wine Incorporated, an industry body supporting the wineries and growers of Langhorne Creek.
Langhorne Creek Photography Competition sponsored by Alexandrina Council.
How to Enter
Click enter and upload photo and fill in your details accordingly.
Upload Image (no larger than 1 MB, no smaller than 500 KB).
Accept T&Cs and submit entry.
Terms and Conditions
Major Prize: $1000 for the overall winner
Second Prize: A mixed dozen of Langhorne Creek wines
Third Prize: A mixed dozen of Langhorne Creek wines
People’s Choice Winner: A mixed dozen of Langhorne Creek wines and Fleurieu Chocolate Company bundle
Terms and Conditions
By submitting image(s) into the Langhorne Creek Photography Competition, you accept the terms and conditions numbered 1-25 below. A copy of these can be downloaded HERE
- Photographs must have been taken in the Langhorne Creek Wine Region geographical indication. This area is identified by the red border in the map that can be downloaded HERE
- As the artist, you retain all copyright and intellectual property rights to any images submitted into the Langhorne Creek photography competition, however, submission of all image’s grants LCGW royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive rights to use, produce, publish, adapt, and communicate the images in future promotional and advertising material, and regional communications. Acknowledgement of artist will be displayed where possible.
- The entrant accepts complete responsibility for gaining permission to enter and publish photos of the people featured in their photograph(s). A talent release form must be completed to verify permission from the individual(s) in the photograph. This can be downloaded HERE
- There is a maximum of 3 entries per person.
- All entrants must be 18+ to be eligible to enter.
- All entrants should retain a high-resolution version of their entries in the event one or more images are shortlisted and larger files are needed for printing or promotional purposes.
- All entries will be reviewed, and a shortlist selected to be displayed in the region.
- Shortlisted entries will be printed (by, and at the expense of, the event organisers) to a standard format with maximum dimension 40cm and displayed around venues in the Langhorne Creek wine region between the 15th of February until 26th of March, forming the Langhorne Creek Photo Exhibition.
- Printed images displayed during the exhibition, except prize winning images, will be available for purchase by their photographer at cost of production and handling.
- Printed images can be purchased by the photographer. These will be held for three months after exhibitions close and can be paid for and collected by the photographer at the Langhorne Creek Grape and Wine office at 79 Bridge Rd Langhorne Creek. After this time, all uncollected prints will be given away or destroyed.
- All entrants are responsible to ensure that they have the right to enter any image they submit for judging. This includes talent release forms completed and returned if applicable.
- LCGW reserves the right to verify the validity of all images prior to accepting images into the competition.
- LCGW reserves the right to refuse acceptance of an image submission on the grounds that the image:
a. was not taken within the Langhorne Creek Wine Region,
b. is not reflective of the region,
c. is offensive in nature,
d. is excessively controversial, or
e. does not comply with the terms and conditions.
- The file name of the upload should be the title of the image being entered.
- Image dimensions: Longest side must be a minimum of 1,500 pixels.
- Images must not have any form of watermark for judging purposes.
- Images can be taken by either a camera or an iPhone as long as they follow resolution requirements.
- Photos that have been digitally enhanced will not be accepted.
- All entries must be submitted with the file size no larger than 1MB and no smaller than 500KB, JPEG File in RGB colour or black and white.
- Entrants who proceed through to the final stages of the competition will be asked to provide LCGW with a higher resolution file for image printing during the exhibition or for future promotional purposes.
- Entry into the competition allows LCGW to crop or compress images to suit promotional purposes. LCGW does not have the right to edit the image itself or alter the image in any other way.
- All images submitted must be the work of the person entering – public domain images will not be accepted.
- Entries must not display harassment or violence of any form, must not be damaging to the environment or wildlife in the creation of the image, must not put the photographer or subject in danger, or infringe upon the rights of any other photographer, artist, or person.
- When taking images, artists must seek permission prior to entering private property. Not all boundaries are equipped with fencing, this is not an indication of public property. A useful guide/map can be found here.
- Your personal information will only be used for administration of any prizes and to notify of shortlisting. These details will not be distributed to any third party without your expressed permission. Images submitted will be archived and retained in digital format so that the images can be used in support of the above.
Photography Competition Timeline
- 1-Sept-20 - Entries Open
- 24-Jan-21 - Entries Close
- 25-Jan-21 - People’s Choice online voting opens
- 28-Jan-21 - Judging
- 30-Jan-21 - Shortlisted Entries Notified
- 30-Jan-21 - Winners Notified
- 15-Feb-21 - Exhibition Opens
- 26-Mar-21 - Exhibition & People’s Choice Voting closes
- 30-Mar-21 - People’s Choice Winner Announcement