Langhorne Creek Grape & Wine Inc. is the regional association formed to represent the wine grape growers & wine producers of the Langhorne Creek wine region. Acting as a leadership & advocacy group for members, our vision is for a sustainable wine region providing recognised value & quality to its grape purchasers & wine consumers.
Any person or entity (corporate or business) that contributes to the Langhorne Creek Wine Industry Fund and is not in default is an Ordinary Member of Langhorne Creek Grape and Wine Inc.
A Grapegrower Member is any Ordinary Member (person or entity) directly involved in the production of wine grapes in Langhorne Creek.
A Winemaker Member is any Ordinary Member (person or entity) producing a Langhorne Creek branded wine, or producing wine in Langhorne Creek or from Langhorne Creek fruit.
What we do:
- Represent members on all matters relating to the wine industry at all levels of industry, corporate and government
- Market Langhorne Creek as a region of distinction to national and international wine markets
- Provide advocacy, technical, research and business support for all members; from viticulture through to winemaking and tourism/wine promotion.
- Liaise with local and state agencies regarding infrastructure issues, including planning, roads, energy
- Create opportunities for members to market and promote their product through organised events and ongoing national and international regional profiling initiatives
- Provide weekly email newsletter and email bulletin updates.
- Have a dedicated members area of our website which houses up to the minute industry information
- Promote industry development through research, education and training opportunities
- Assist local businesses to source and apply for appropriate funding through a number of Government channels.
- Explore market development & export initiatives
- Through initiatives such as the Langhorne Creek Wine Show and support of the Langhorne Creek Vine Improvement Committee, LCGW encourages and promotes excellence in the production of wine grape growing and wine production