Langhorne Creek are looking for winemakers to help us create new regional stories in 2022
Whether you’re employed by an established wine company or running your own show Langhorne Creek Grape and Wine want to support you to make wine, in your own style from our grapes.
Langhorne Creek 5255 is a collaborative project between growers and winemakers from Langhorne Creek to support three winemakers or wine businesses to make a wine from Langhorne Creek fruit – on us!
We all know that wine is closely bound to a sense of place so we’re looking for winemakers who would like to explore Langhorne Creek as a region to source quality fruit.
We’ll give you up to two tonnes of the variety you select so you can express your take on the terroir of the Creek. We’ll give you access to talented people including viticulturists and winemakers, to help you with your grape selection and introduce you to the unique characteristics of our region.
The wine that is made should be labelled under your own label with your own artwork, but the Langhorne Creek 5255 logo must be included on your front as well as the region. The wine must be 100% Langhorne Creek fruit.
Who are you?
- You have a Producer’s Licence
- You should never have made wine under your label from Langhorne Creek before
- You could have your own label. Start-up or established. We don’t mind.
- You may be a winery or winemaker based in another Australian region who has never used fruit from the Creek before under your label.
- Able to make a sound, finished wine, labelled with Langhorne Creek 5255 that finds a place in the market.
What you get if you participate
- Up to 2 tonnes of fruit of your selection from the supplied list
- Dry goods sponsored by Vinpac
- Assistance with bottling costs (subsidised by project sponsor Vinpac)
- Access to talented people – Viticulturists, winemakers and marketers who know Langhorne Creek like the back of their hand. They can assist you with advice and support from grape to glass.
- Publicity! Our PR agents, Ball PR make sure we get our project into people’s hearts and minds and that it will captures folk’s imaginations
- A ticket to LC Wine Show lunch and tasting
- Complementary entry into the Langhorne Creek Wine Show for your 5255
- The chance to have the wine stocked at Edinburgh Cellars
- Public tasting of your wine at Edinburgh Cellars
Varieties we have available:
Alternatively, you can download the 5255 Application Form and send back to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 15, 2021
Essential criteria for applicants and their wine
- The recipient must have a producers’ license
- Part of the project is that you must have the Langhorne Creek 5255 logo on your front label@ 1.5 cm high. It can be incorporated in amongst your own branding
- The wine must have” Langhorne Creek” (GI) on the front label
- The wine must be made from 100% Langhorne Creek fruit
- Must use social media and hashtags to support the project
- Must be willing to have progress reported on Langhorne Creek’s social media
- Should provide photographic/video material (phone footage is fine) during production process
- Must be willing to participate in videos, photo shoots and social media opportunities as directed by Langhorne Creek Grape and Wine to support the project
- Must meet grower and be present at harvest
- Wines should be sold for at least $20 for whites and $25 for reds.
- All wines should be complete, sound, bottled and ready for tasting and release by July 2023 at latest.